So, you want to sell your home. Selling in today’s market can be sometimes frustrating, and that’s because there are so many properties in the market, it gives the potential buyers an array of choices.
In this post, we are going to help you decide which method of selling is ideal for you.
We are going to cover the traditional route of using real estate agents and the lesser known method of using house buying companies Boston has to offer. Each of these methods has its perks so, let’s diving in.
Working with a Real Estate Agent
Perhaps the most popular method of selling a home at a fair price is through an estate agent. The general process of working with a real estate agent is:
1. You contact the agent and this visit you, assess your house and give you a figure which they feel the property may sell for.
2. You sign a listing agreement which usually lasts for six months.
3. The agent lists the house on MLS, advertises it and brings the potential buyers for house showings.
4. If the property sells, they handle the negotiations as well as the paperwork. They also collect the commission which is usually 6% of purchase price.
The benefit of using real estate agents is they know the market and have access to the MLS. However, availing their services can be expensive.
Apart from the commission, you will also have to cover the mortgage repayments, house utilities, the closing costs, repair expenses and even inspection fees.
There’s also the delay in selling, especially if the buyer is waiting for the financing to be approved. And of course, there’s no guarantee that they won’t change their mind at the last minute.
Selling to House Buying Companies Boston
Another lesser-known but worth considering method of selling your house is through real estate investors.
In Boston, you will come across these types of investors who either buy the properties for cash, fix and flip them or hold on to them as rental properties.
The general process of selling your property to homebuyers like us is:
1. You contact us and submit your information regarding your house as well as your situation.
2. We will get back to you, schedule an evaluation date, assess the house and come up with a value for it, find out your goals, determine if any repairs and improvements are needed and finally make an offer that not only fits our purchasing criteria but also helps resolve your problems.
3. The next step is for you to look and the offer and decide if it works for you. If it’s ideal, the closing happens at the date of your choosing.
At Apex Invests, we value Boston’s community members, and that’s why we try to make the sale process as smooth as possible by buying as-is, in cash and quickening the process for your sake.
This process can take from 7 to 30 days, and we can even close within a week if you want.
The benefit of using taking this route is that it is less stressful. You can have your property sold this time next week if you wish so.
You won’t have to pay any fees or commissions, and we will cover all the closing costs.
Another benefit is that we will purchase the property as-is, meaning you won’t have to do any repairs, clean up the house or remove everything from the premises.
We will cover all these costs once the deal is closed.
Ultimately, one thing is clear; there is no one-size fits all solution. If you have a lot of time on your hands and aren’t in a hurry to move out, then you can choose to use a real estate agent.
However, if you want to sell quickly…..perhaps you are facing foreclosure, need to relocate and can’t handle two house payments, or you have inherited a property and do not want to go through the hassle, then a fast sale through the house buying companies Boston is your best option.
We are available during the regular business hours and days, and as mentioned above, we can close the sale anytime you want. Contact us today and get your quote within 24 hours!